Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2012 Season!

Well...here it is- the 2012 race season!!!

This weeks kicks off the year with Powerman Alabama. This year, the race will be a 10k-40k-5k race format since it is the elite national championship. The fitness seems right where it should be, so I'm excited to see what happens and give it a go. My training has been going well, hitting new bike power levels and running some quick workouts on the treadmill and lately the track.

Even more exciting is that my fiancee Jacqui will be racing as well! Ideally we will be leaving Alabama with some solid performances and possibly a spot on the US team for the Duathlon World Championships. I'll try to write a race recap with photos once I get back.

In other exciting life events, Jacqui and I bought our first house in Oakwood Hills, IL. We will use some of the summer to work on the house and clean it up a bit. Then hopefully move in at some point before our big wedding day on October 13th! It will definitely be nice to have a place of our own and even in an area that has good training grounds! So lots going on and 2012 is set up to be an incredible and memorable year!



No comments: