Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Off to Hungary

Well....

The time has arrived. Tomorrow afternoon I will be leaving for Gyor, Hungary for the World Duathlon Championships. There will be about 60 of the world's best duathletes competing against each other.....and I will be one of them. The USA is sending 5 athletes to compete in the event. My goal this year is to place in the top 3 for the U23 category. What this means is that there is a special division of elite athletes that are under 23 years old. It allows them to compete for a world championship since they are younger than the typical professional athlete. It also gives them experience at the professional level.

I will make sure to update the blog with pictures and stories about my travels and the race itself. My Uncle Peter is coming along with me. I am sure we will have some great stories to tell by the time we arrive back in the states. Wish me luck and check back frequently for new stories!

-bread

No comments: