Thursday, August 2, 2007

Hilton Head, S.C.

So for the past few days I was out at Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. My aunt and uncle own a timeshare out there and invited me along for a short little trip. All I can say is that it is amazing out there. I was able to get up in the mornings, go for a run along the beach, swim in the ocean, and spend time with people that mean a lot to me. I also had the opportunity to golf at a private course, Wexford Plantation, which was beautiful. There was a downpour of rain the night before, which left the course a little wet and dried the bunkers out, but it was still an amazing course. Too bad I only play golf once a year these days and shot awful. There were a few good shots here and there, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

So I just want to say thanks to my Aunt and Uncle for having me out there for a few days of their vacation. I had a great time and hopefully they enjoy the rest of their trip.


As for racing, my next event will be the Lake Zurich Tri on Sunday, Aug. 5th. I raced this one a few years ago and was awful! So hopefully this year will be a little different of a story. Check back soon and I'll give an update on the race!

No comments: